Please do not donate broken items or items with missing parts.
FURNISHINGS NOT accepted:
- appliances – such as washers, dryers, freezers, stoves, refrigerators
- baby furniture – including walkers, playpens, play yards, car seats, baby gates, car seats, and cribs
- bean bags
- bunk beds (unless they can be taken apart and set up as twins)
- carpet and padding (small area rugs OK)
- furniture that is large or heavy, or in need of repair. NO hide-a-beds.
- S-shaped chairs
- torn or stained mattresses or box springs,
COMPUTERS/ TV MONITORS NOT accepted: but can be recycled or refurbished by:
OUTDOOR & SPORTS ITEMS NOT accepted:
- BBQ grills
- bikes with flat tires, missing seats, or rusted
- building materials
- car parts, tires
- exercise equipment (Contact Play it Again Sports at 907.457.7427)
- gas lawnmowers
- helmets – bike, motorcycle, football, baseball, etc.
- toy basketball nets
- weapons or firearms – including BB, pellet, or flare guns; knives, machetes; bows and arrows; Chinese throwing stars, brass knuckles (kitchen knives are OK)
SMALL APPLIANCES & ELECTRONICS NOT accepted:
- hair dryers without immersion protection device
- halogen lamps
CHEMICALS not accepted:
- cleaning products – bleach, detergents, soaps, ammonia, etc.
- hazardous materials or containers – including propane tanks, oxygen or helium tanks, oil or gas cans, paints and solvents, oil and kerosene. Dispose of these properly at landfill/transfer station.
- liquids of any type
- personal products – lotions, make-up, nail polish, perfume, etc.
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS not accepted:
- books, encyclopedias (Contact Literacy Council at 907.456.5013)
- broken items/items with missing parts
- children’s toys
- food (Contact Community Food Bank at 907.456.2337)
- magazines or magazine collections (Contact FNSB Public Library at 907.459-1020)
- service uniforms (police, firefighter, military)
- WET or MOLDY clothing or fabric
- “recyclables” (newspaper, magazines, card board, paper, glass jars and bottles, plastic, rags, cans)
– Paper, card board, glass bottles can be recycled at UAF Taku Street transfer site.
– Please visit Interior Alaska Green Star for more Fairbanks recycling information.
CASH DONATIONS: Please call FRA Main Office at 907.456.8901 or visit How You Can Help.