“Thank you for the wonderful care you provide for my mother. She has a safe place to enjoy her day in a warm, safe environment.”
Every element of care is addressed for the individual’s comfort and the caregiver’s convenience. FRA Senior services provides a daytime care program that is an enriching, therapeutic, safe environment for older adults and seniors with Alzheimer’s disease, age-related dementia or frail/disabling conditions.
The Adult Day Center helps older adults and seniors to continue living at home with their family, spouse or caregiver by providing a nurturing, supervised haven during the day. At the same time, our program allows caregivers to work, attend other responsibilities or just have a break from caregiving.
WHEN TO CONSIDER ADULT DAY CARE, when he or she
- Can no longer structure his or her own daily activities
- Is isolated and desires companionship
- Can not safely be left alone at home
BENEFITS OF ADULT DAY CARE
Individuals participate in cognitively stimulating activities, socialization and physical activities while being cared for by professionally trained staff. Staff are certified in CPR and First Aid, receive on-going training in Alzheimer’s disease topics, as well as Geri-Care Behavioral Safety Training. Benefits include:
- Improvement in mental and physical health
- Prevention or delay in out-of-home placement
- Enhanced or maintained level of independence
- Referral services to health and social agencies
- Activities of daily living and assistance with personal hygiene
- Transportation via Van Tran
- Snacks (twice daily) and lunches by Meals on Wheels (upon request)
- Gardening, music and crafts
- Exercise programs, recreational activities, outings and events
- Socialization with one-on-one and group activities
|Information, hours of operation and location:
Adult Day Center
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.*
117 Slater Drive, Fairbanks AK 99701
Jan Hinde, Director
PH: 907.451.0389 FAX: 907.451.0210
*except for holidays
The Adult Day Center program is made possible through grant funding provided by the State of Alaska Department of Senior and Disabilities Services (SDS).
Return to Senior Services.